Bulimia Nervosa: Eating Disorder Signs/Symptoms
Eating Disorder Treatment and 'Binge Food' Addictions
- Evidence of binge intake, together with disappearance of enormous amounts of food in brief periods of your time or finding wrappers and containers indicating the consumption of enormous amounts of food.
- Evidence of purging behaviors, together with frequent trips to the lavatory when meals, signs and/or smells of vomit, presence of wrappers or packages of laxatives or diuretics.
- Excessive, rigid exercise regimen- despite weather, fatigue, illness, or injury, the compulsive ought to “burn off” calories taken in.
- Unusual swelling of the cheeks or jaw space.
- Calluses on the back of the hands and knuckles from self-induced vomit.
- Discoloration or staining of the teeth.
- Creation of life-style schedules or rituals to form time for binge-and-purge sessions.
- Withdrawal from usual friends and activities.
- In general, behaviors and attitudes indicating that weight loss, dieting, and management of food have become primary considerations.
- Continued exercise despite injury, overuse injuries.